When you use our services, you’re trusting us with your information. We understand this is a big responsibility and work hard to protect your information and put you in control.
We collect information to provide better services to all our users — from figuring out basic stuff like which language you speak, to more complex things like which ads you’ll find most useful, the people who matter most to you online, or which YouTube videos you might like. The information Industry Link collects, and how that information is used, depends on how you use our services and how you manage your privacy controls.
When you’re not signed in to an Account, we store the information we collect with unique identifiers tied to the browser, application, or device you’re using. This helps us do things like maintain your language preferences across browsing sessions.
When you’re signed in, we also collect information that we store with your Account, which we treat as personal information.
We do not share your personal information with companies, organizations, or individuals outside of Industry Link except in the following cases:
With your consent
We’ll share personal information outside of Industry Link when we have your consent. We’ll ask for your explicit consent to share any sensitive personal information. You implicitly give your consent for your name, title, email and company to be used however needed once you register to any of our events and/or sign up to our newsletter.
With domain administrators
If you’re a student or work for an organization that uses our services, your domain administrator and resellers who manage your account will have access to your Account. They may be able to:
- Access and retain information stored in your account, like your email
- View statistics regarding your account, like how many apps you install
- Change your account password
- Suspend or terminate your account access
- Receive your account information in order to satisfy applicable law, regulation, legal process, or enforceable governmental request
- Restrict your ability to delete or edit your information or your privacy settings
For external processing
For legal reasons
We will share personal information outside if we have a good-faith belief that access, use, preservation, or disclosure of the information is reasonably necessary to:
- Meet any applicable law, regulation, legal process, or enforceable governmental request.
- Enforce applicable Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations.
- Detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security, or technical issues.
- Protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of Industry Link, our users, or the public as required or permitted by law.
We may share non-personally identifiable information publicly and with our partners — like publishers, advertisers, developers, or rights holders. For example, we share information publicly to show trends about the general use of our services. We also allow specific partners to collect information from your browser or device for advertising and measurement purposes using their own cookies or similar technologies.