Despite significant economic growth in the last decade, cement consumption has shown a degree of stabilization during the same period. This has followed a 13% annual growth rate in the 2000-2010 period. As many other cement markets, Vietnam experienced a decline in 2020, albeit at a subdued 4.3%. The recent subdued growth of the market coupled with significant new capacity additions in the last decade has led to a growing excess capacity. The industry has thus a significant exporter of cement and clinker in the region. In 2020 the industry exported a total of 38 million tonnes of cement and clinker making it the largest exporter in the world.
The industry ended 2020 with around 124MT of cement and 92MT of clinker capacity. Despite its exporting prowess, the industry is expected to experience significant overcapacity going forward necessitating maintaining or even growing its exports to sustain a reasonable level of cement capacity utilization. Clinker utilization rates are more favorable and expected to improve going forward.
The CemBR reports provide the most in-depth, detailed, and accurate examination of a cement market. We include most of the market’s characteristics (products, supply chain, vertical integration etc.) plus a thorough examination of the asset base of the industry including kilns and clinker data. CemBR uses proprietary analytical tools to examine a market. The data is available for purchase either within CGC or via the dedicated country reports CemBR have on cement.
- Macro and construction data
- Cement market characteristics
- Imports and exports
- Industry structure and dynamics
- 5-year projections with attention to 2020 and 2021
- Forward looking supply – demand balance and considerations
- Detailed plant by plant and company by company data and analysis, including location maps for cement assets. Mooted new capacity additions.
- Industry production overview with in-depth data on kilns and clinker capacity
- Overall conclusions
For purchasing the report please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or access the direct link here.