Argos is committed to continuing its efforts to deliver outstanding solutions and sustainable products to its customers. Resulting from this determination, the cement company is announcing its new EcoStrong PLC brand. EcoStrong PLC is a high-quality blended hydraulic cement used in sustainable building practices that can reduce carbon emissions by up to 10%. EcoStrong PLC exhibits Argos’ passion for developing strong solutions to build a more sustainable world together.
▪ Argos EcoStrong PLC is its brand name for Portland-Limestone Type IL cement.
▪ To further support their customer’s sustainability efforts the company expects to complete the conversion of type l/ll entirely to EcoStrong PLC at all their facilities within 2023.
▪ The Argos Roberta and Atlanta cement plants will officially transition to 100% EcoStrong PLC production by Q2 2022.
▪ The Newberry plant, located in Florida, will be 100% converted to EcoStrong PLC by October 2022.
▪ Argos’ ready mix business is already successfully using EcoStrong PLC in the Carolinas and Florida. Moreover, Argos plans to use EcoStrong PLC at all its ready mix locations in the eastern US before the end of Q2 2022.
“I am excited to be part of Argos’ brand announcement for our Portland-Limestone Cement (PLC) Type IL product. EcoStrong PLC encompasses everything we have worked for over the last decade to offer a high-quality product with lower embodied carbon, which contributes to the ultimate goal of decarbonizing across our operations. Our Portland-Limestone Cement product is engineered to reduce the harmful effects on the environment and perform similar to or better than our Original Portland Cement type l/ll (OPC). EcoStrong PLC empowers our customers, specifiers, architects, and engineers to design and execute their projects with resilience and sustainability.” Steve Wilcox, Cement Technical Director of Argos USA.
Benefits of using EcoStrong PLC
▪ Empowers Sustainability: EcoStrong PLC Reduces CO2 emissions by up to 10%.
▪ Engineered to perform like Type I/II: EcoStrong PLC has the same workability, similar or better 28-day test results, and an improved finishability.
▪ EcoStrong PLC works well with SCMs: Fly ash, slag, and other SCMs in many cases providing synergies during the curing process that have resulted in higher strengths than the same type l/ll mix.
▪ 1:1 substitution: EcoStrong PLC replaces Type l/ll cement at a 1:1 rate, making it easy for specifiers, producers, and installers to support protecting our planet.
Moreover, Argos is excited to announce its continued success with its plans to convert all production facilities and terminals to PLC Type IL within 2023; this strategy is the direct result of years of research and development and accelerates the impact of reducing carbon emissions and increases the company’s contributions to sustainability efforts.
Argos Cement takes great pride in being stewards of the environment and is recognized by the Dow Jones Sustainability Index (DJSI) for the ninth consecutive year as a global benchmark in sustainability in the construction materials sector. Argos intends to continue to lead the promotion of PLC in the southeast United States to build together a more sustainable present and future.